- Who we are
The Beaumont RCSI Cancer Centre (“Centre”) is a collaboration between the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland of 123 St Stephen’s Green Dublin DO2 YN77 and Beaumont Hospital with offices located at Beaumont Road, Dublin 9 – D09V2N0, Ireland.
The RCSI data protection officer may be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Beaumont Hospital data protection officer may be contact by email at email@example.com
You can contact us at this address by post or by email
- Why we process your data, the lawful basis for processing your data and with whom we share it
- For people who view and interact with our website, we process data to personalise services in order to optimise content and offerings which may be relevant and of interest
The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in the administration and operation of academic, research and commercial activities along with our legitimate interest in marketing and promoting our clinical, academic and research offering. We always include an unsubscribe button in our communications so you can opt out of receiving such communications at any time. RCSI commits to not processing your personal data where these legitimate interests are overridden by your own interests.
- For people who engage with the Centre in a professional capacity through attendance at events and meetings nationally/internationally or those who collaborate for education, research and service, we may process data:
- to send frequent engagement newsletters, greeting cards or other RCSI corporate materials
- to personalise services in order to optimise content and offerings which may be relevant and of interest
The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in the administration and operation of clinical, academic, research and commercial activities along with our legitimate interest in marketing and promoting the Centre’s clinical, academic and research offering. We always include an unsubscribe button in our communications so you can opt out of receiving such communications at any time. RCSI and Beaumont commits to not processing your personal data where these legitimate interests are overridden by your own interests.
- Transfers of data outside the European Economic Area
If we transfer personal data relating to our academic and/or research endeavours to a service provider located in a country outside the EEA, we shall safeguard the transfer of this personal data by ensuring that we have European Commission approved standard contractual clauses in place with the provider.
- Your rights relating to personal data
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- right to access the data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- right to rectification – you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- right to erasure – you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- right to data portability – you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
If we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal.
If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, we ask you to contact us so that we can rectify the situation.
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The Irish supervisory authority is the Data Protection Commission (DPC).
- Requirement to process personal data
You may browse our website without providing us with any personal data and this will not affect your ability to view our website.
If you do not provide us with your information for the purposes described above, we cannot send you our newsletter, respond to your queries sent through our contact us form, liaise with you on RCSI query, personalise your experience on the site, or assess your potential suitability for a role within RCSI.
- Automated decision-making and profiling
RCSI and Beaumont Hospital collects information about all visitors to our website for the purpose of producing statistical reports of online traffic to identify how we can optimise our website. Every data file contains the following information.
- The referring website from which you came when visiting us
- The IP address
- Time and date of website access
- User agent (browser)
- HTTP code (secure channel or standard channel)
- Bytes served
- Information on browser and operating system that you used at the time of accessing the site
Information on internet traffic is collected routinely by RCSI, Beaumont and by its service providers. This information is used to ensure the smooth operation of the RCSI website and enhance it by tailoring content that matches our users’ interests on the website.
Adequate organisational and technical security measures, which are reviewed on a regular basis, are taken to ensure the security of your personal information.
RCSI and Beaumont Hospital are committed to the core principle of Data Ethics namely that personal data is “….generated, reported, stored and used in a trustworthy way” (Ethical Use of Customer Data in a Digital Economy – UK Finance March 2019).
Any queries or concerns you may have about the processing of personal information on this website should be addressed to:
Data Protection Officer
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
123 St Stephen’s Green
Data Protection Officer